Today I want to expand on the NEW Blog Series... What's It Good For? and explore the health benefits of Triple Butter!
You are probably wondering what exactly is Triple Butter and it includes a medley of using cocoa butter, mango butter, and shea butter in a wide variety of products from Suds Me Up Buttercup!
I love the creamy texture felt on the skin from this combination of butters. Because of it's natural properties it doesn't provide a huge lather like many commercial, chemical filled soaps on the market today, but instead provides a thick layer of moisture to your skin!
1. COCOA BUTTER
Cocoa butter comes from beans of the cocoa tree, which was first cultivated by the Mayans. Today most cocoa comes from trees located in Africa, Latin America, and the Caribbean.
Cocoa beans have been used for many years in making chocolate, but have only fairly recently been realized for their amazing skin moisturizing and healing properties. Once the cocoa bean pods open, the beans are removed and then pressed into cocoa butter, which is technically a vegetable fat. It is best to find raw cocoa butter that is organic and unrefined. This means that the beans have been touched as little as possible by humans, so that they retain their inherently excellent qualities. In fact, when cocoa beans have been harvested, they can simply be put into sacks and placed in a warm room. The natural heat (no added heat necessary!) pulls the natural cocoa butter out so that it can be collected. It is then cooled and becomes a semi-solid form.
* The natural fats in the butter form a protective barrier over the skin to hold in moisture
* Reduces appearance of scars, stretch marks, skin aging, dark patches, and dull skin due to antioxidents
* Helps reduce skin irritations such as eczema and dermatitus
2. MANGO BUTTER
These luscious fruits contain seeds or stones that we usually throw away. But did you know that these seeds are used to extract mango butter. Mango butter is a natural plant butter – just like shea or cocoa butters and it’s immensely useful in the natural beauty world!
* Includes Vitamin A & C
* Soothes Bug Bites and stops itching from inflammation of the skin
* Moisturizes your hair
* Heals minor cuts and rashes
* Soothes sunburn (just like aloe!)
3. SHEA BUTTER
Unlike cocoa and mango butter which are derived from fruit seeds, this butter comes from the nuts of a Karite tree in Africa!
* Vitamin E provides mild sun protection
* Soothes dry skin by immediately soaking into pores
* Heals skin peeling, scars, bug bites and acne
Suds Me Up Buttercup offers a wide range of products to hydrate and heal your skin using this blend of triple butters. Below are all the products you can purchase to start the healing process naturally today!
1. Full Body Artisan Spa Bars
2. Solid Lotion Bars
3. Rainbow Soap- Custom Order
4. Lip Balm (Unscented & Wintergreen Options)
5. Wax Melts
Shop online today by visiting THE CHRISTMAS SHOP!
Many times at shows I am frequently asked what is in each product and trust me, I don't mind you asking at all! I enjoy the opportunity to speak about each product and discuss how it can benefit your skin and make you feel better.
Unfortunately busy shows don't always allow that one-on-one time that I enjoy spending with each customer so I've decided to start a new blog series titled... WHAT'S IT GOOD FOR! Each series will showcase a different product featured in one or several of the products Suds Me Up Buttercup creates.
This week let's talk about GLYCERIN... what's it good for?
Glycerin (aka, glycerine or glycerol) is a commonly used ingredient in many cosmetic and personal skin care products. Yet it is also an ingredient that stirs up quite a bit of debate. Glycerin is a humectant that can be naturally derived from plant oils- specifically olives, or it can also be synthetically produced.
As a humectant, glycerin works to moisturize the skin by drawing water from the air into the skin's outer layer. If you have ever created handmade skincare products using glycerin and not packaged your product asap then you will notice what we call in the industry as "sweat beads" on the surface of soaps. This is because the glycerin in the soap is pulling in all the moisture in the air and "sticking" to itself- living in the south it doesn't take long for this process to take place. That same process (without the sweat beads of course) happens when you use the bar in the shower/bath. It draws water from the air and penetrates your skin while cleaning at the same time.
As a synthetic (man-made chemical) product, it does the exact opposite and drys out your skin leaving a tacky feeling... you know what I'm talking about I'm sure.
As a natural plant-based product, which Suds Me Up Buttercup uses in a majority of our skincare products, glycerin is one of the most, if not the most hydrating ingredient you can put on your skin! It is safe for all skin types from sensitive, dry, normal, and oily skin combinations. It even goes further in assisting soothing inflammation, swelling, and redness from skin irritations caused by a variety of reasons.
So what exactly can YOU expect from glycerin in bath and body products from Suds Me Up Buttercup?
1. Improves the skin barrier with its calming properties (In other words it adds a layer of moisture to your skin)
2. Anti-aging! Need I say more? Hydration is key.
3. Encourages Cell Maturity. Your skin sheds numerous cells and produces younger cells to replace them. The top layer of your skin contains the mature cells that produce lipids that form the protective barrier on your skin. Glycerin helps the young cells mature and move up to the surface before they are eventually shed. If this process is interrupted, your skin will look dull and dry.
4. Speeds Wound Healing & Prevents Infection. A study found that the application of glycerin on wounds effectively reduced inflammation. Moreover, glycerin-based products were also found to be antimicrobial.
5. Facial Toner for Oily Skin. Because glycerin is a non-greasy product it keeps your skin hydrated without triggering excessive production of the oil-producing sebacieous glands.
As you can see glycerin has a wide range of health benefits and like any beauty product, the longer you use it the more you will see results. We all want young, healthy looking skin...
GLYCERIN CAN HELP YOU ACHIEVE BABY SMOOTH SKIN!
Take care of your skin by lathering on a Full Body Artisan Bar from head to toe! Order yours today by visiting the online store here or come see me at an upcoming event in an area close to you!
Suds Me Up Buttercup offers handmade artisan soaps and bath products for women, men, and children of all ages. Perfect for spoiling yourself or to give a special treat to those you love! Visit us online at http://sudsmeupbuttercup.com and don't forget to join the mailing list as well for special goodies throughout the year.
Do you love photography? Do you enjoy seeing light shined on the dark things of this world? Do you admire God's creation and the beauty found within it? If so, be sure to support my creative side at KRISTY MARIE PORTRAITS by visiting my online portfolio at: